Saturday, November 27, 2010

Carrot Jalapeno Soup

After many requests I am posting my FAVORITE soup recipe inspired by the Painted Pony Restaurant in St. George, UT

My husband made this soup on Thanksgiving and it was a real hit with everyone. 



  • 4tbsp butter or margarine
  • 5 cups chicken stock
  • 1.5 cups chopped onion
  • 1/4 tsp thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 lbs carrots
  • jalapeno depends on desired heat (I use 2.5-3)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • dash salt
Melt butter stir in onions, (peeled) carrots and jalapenos saute 3-5 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaf and chicken stock bring to a boil. Reduce heat and slow cook partially covered until carrots are tender- approx 30 minutes.  Puree in blender or use hand held blender (food processor does not get it to right consistency) enough) Whisk in cream with salt to taste. Reheat without boiling.  Serve hot topped with cilantro. I also like to serve mine with yummy croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment