Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY luxorious lotion

Today I spent the afternoon making DIY bath products including this amazing lotion. I get the majority of my products from a great online shop called Brambleberry they have a fab selection of oils, scents, bottles!!


When I initially started making lotion I purchased the basic lotion kit from brambleberry, it includes

8 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
8 oz. Avocado Oil
8 oz. Shea Butter
1 oz. Phenonip
1 lb. Stearic Acid
1 lb. Emulsifying Wax or Ceteryl Alcohol
12 - 4 oz. Clear Reverse Tapered Ovals w/White Caps
1 oz. Lavender 40/42 Essential Oil
1 oz. Cucumber Melon Fragrance Oil
Lotion Making Booklet

The only thing you have to provide is distilled water, 2 Pyrex measuring glasses, a digital scale, a handheld mixer and a funnel (do not have to have funnel but makes it a whole lot easier to get lotion into bottle. The kit comes with instructions that are easy to follow.




Distilled water, Stearic Acid and Emulsifying Wax

Sweet almond and avocado oil
handheld mixer (I am messy)
a funnel to simplify the job


All the wonderful scents to add in













Finished product, really great lotion made with great ingredients and lots of love
I will add some ribbon and cute labels (featuring ingredients) to these for Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment