Friday, November 19, 2010

total score from the RESTORE

I went to Habitat for Humanity's (HFH) RESTORE (which is awesome) and scored some great cupboard doors that I imagined would work out amazingly for sign's and cute CHALKBOARDS.  The doors range from $1-5 dollars (which you can't beat), I could barely wait to get them home and start my project. The first thing I made was a huge chalkboard to have next to my front door. I was throwing a 84th birthday party for my Grandma so I wanted to hurry and make it so I could leave a special note to her.








After the party and weekend I made some stencils using 

















Stencils can be a bit pricey so I was trying to figure a way to make my own. It took some time to trace the image and cut it out with the x-acto knife, however, my stencils will be unique and also very thrifty (which I love).     Here is an example of the finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment