Thursday, December 30, 2010

DIY Coasters

Update 1/7/11




For Christmas I made a couple sets of coasters. I bought 10 tiles from HFH RESTORE for $1.  I spray painted the tiles Italian Olive Green.




I have recently started using the Sizzix Big Shot, I used the Tim Holtz Birdcage die cut






Target sales these awesome cork tiles that you can cut to fit to the size of any tile. I hot glued the cork to the bottom of the tile. This will keep the tiles from scratching your furniture.


I decoupage the die cut to the tile, with this collage pauge



I tied up four tiles with jute to keep them together and present as a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I have been a coaster making spree and have been starting to do some postage stamp collages on them and started thinking about some of my TH dies. you beat me to it and I love them!

    ReplyDelete