Saturday, January 22, 2011

INSOMINA

So this insomnia is kinda wild, I can not sleep. 
As most of you know I was recently hospitalized for the first time in my life. It was not a fun or memorable experience. I do feel that it taught me a lot about being on the other side (the patient) and it may just alter the way I am with my patients a tiny bit (I am an ER RN). 

Tonight I am reflecting on all the great relationships and love I have in my life and I would like to send a big warm thank you to those of you who came and visited me in the hospital. The days there were so long it was always nice to see a familiar face. I know the hospital is not the most inviting place for most and some of you are even germaphobics (Farron) who get faint just entering a hospital (Farron) yet you still came and saw me 2 days in a row.
Thanks Chelsea for coming after already bustin your booty working your 13 hr shift saving lives and still made the time to come up and visit me until the wee hours of the night. I love ya. I'm still chewing that GUM
 Thanks to my fellow ER nurses for taking AMAZING care of me and looking out for me while I was on the floor- esp Nadia, Tanya and of course SHANNON- whom I think is an incredible, inspiring woman. 
Thanks to my brother for picking me up and driving me home immediately upon finding out I was going to be discharged (ya-hoo).
Thanks Stacy for your continued love, support and friendship. Thanks to my soon to be SIL Helene for taking care of and watching over our pups. Thanks Grams for our many chats and as always your reassurance and comfort.
Thanks Mom for coming down and staying, no one can take care of ya like your mom can!
Thanks to each and every one of you that came out, called, texted or emailed. I really appreciate it and feel very loved and cared for. 
Lastly thank you to my wonderful husband who I could not be anymore in love with or crazy about, you are the man of my dreams, my best friend and my rock. 
He did not leave my side at the hospital for more than a necessary few hours, he slept on a uncomfortable, too small recliner that converted to a, I guess you would call bed, he woke up with me when I have my blood drawn at 200 in the morning and when I couldn't sleep at 4 am (still going on now). You inspire me, you make me want to be a better person. I am truly blessed you have you as my soul-mate and partner in this life. FF.

No comments:

Post a Comment